RCM collects and maintains a database that includes your identity and contact information:
- for invoicing, accounting and tax purposes
- to facilitate checking for conflict of interest in providing services to you and to other clients.
RCM will only disclose your information:
- for the above purposes; and/or
- as required/compelled by law; and/or
- with your consent, given verbally (orally or in writing), or as implied from your retainer and instructions to provide services.
RCM regards your retainer as confidential, and will neither confirm nor deny your retainer publicly, including the nature of services provided or to be provided, without your consent or implied consent (as explained above).
In circumstances where RCM has been retained and instructed through your lawyer, any claim of solicitor/client privilege that is extended over RCM’s provision of services can only be waived by you, the client. Your lawyer will remain responsible for structuring the circumstances that support a claim of privilege, and for defending such claims of privilege
RCM owns its work product during and after the provision of services to you. At your expense, you can receive a copy of the contents of your file, provided that you have no invoices outstanding. However, you are not permitted to reproduce or distribute RCM’s work product to third parties without RCM’s prior written consent.