RCM is a consulting firm that is the sole proprietorship of Peter Douglas Petrie (PDP), based out of Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA.
PDP is educated as:
- a lawyer (Bachelor of Laws from Osgoode Hall Law School)
- an urban planner and impact assessor (Bachelor of Environmental Studies at University of Waterloo and Master in Environmental Studies from York University).
- a graduate student in environmental/land use planning for three summer work terms at a social impact assessment consulting firm, a regional municipality’s planning department, and the Land Use Unit of the Ontario Ministry of the Environment
- an articling student with a major urban municipality
- for 27 years, an associate lawyer, then partner, then Of Counsel with a top boutique environmental law firm in Canada, representing municipal and private corporations in land use planning and environmental law matters (including being outside counsel to the Toronto Transit Commission for over a decade), with a specialty practice area of managing inspections and investigations and defending prosecutions by municipal and environmental regulators, as well as in emergency management and incident reporting, attaining project/facility/equipment operations approvals and maintaining regulatory compliance and due diligence.
PDP has lots of experience:
- appearing as Counsel before the Ontario Municipal Board, Ontario’s Environmental Review Tribunal, and Ontario’s Provincial Offences Courts
- advising political parties, provincial governments, First Nations, and municipalities on special projects that have culminated in study reports with law and policy recommendations
- representing clients at municipal council and committee meetings, at public meetings, and in more private discussions with regulators, neighbours, and other stakeholders
- dealing with federal, provincial and municipal regulatory authorities
- planning, implementing and facilitating stakeholder consultations
- selecting, instructing and project managing contractors and other disciplines of professionals as consultants, subject matter experts and expert witnesses
- working and collaborating with corporation owners, senior management, facility operators, and unionized labourers.